15 May 2008

Reflections on Paris

I agree with the Paris, or Botanizing on the Asphalt article in that the streets of Paris are decorated as if it were an outdoor museum for its residents and visitors. Paris enraptures me with its beautiful architecture, streets, squares and lovely restaurants and cafes. I also enjoy very much seeing local artists on the streets. Now I understand why there were so many artists that flocked to this amazing city for inspiration. This is a city that definitely draws the visitor. There is so much to see. So much art, culture and history. Paris definitely was the city that historically influenced the cities throughout Europe. It's like a dream come true to me to be able to walk through historical streets, have a taste of the cultural Parisian life, see the famous pieces of art and taste the delicious eats. Also, though Paris is a great cosmopolitan city I appreciate that Parisians take the time to appreciate the nature and outdoorsy life by visiting their beautiful and well-kept parks and gardens to unwind, relax or have a picnic. This city impresses me because it seems to have it all collected and well-balanced. There is everything for everyone and it's such a romantic city. I love Paris! This was a great learning experience and the perfect city to take an art class.

No comments: