14 May 2008

Seine River

The best way to see Paris is by foot. The second best way is by boat. Going on the river tour of Paris today allowed me to see Paris without worrying where the metro stop was or where the nearest water closet would be. Because of this, I would say the water provided a very close “second best way” to see the city. I love the beautiful bridges that this city has built to traverse its bloodline, the Seine River. Sitting directly beneath them allowed me to see the incredible detail of their façade. I also was able to enjoy seeing many of the famous sites that the city has, all in one sitting. It was a great mapping exercise of the city. This single sitting allowed for the greatest continuity I have felt to date about where places are located within the city of Paris.

No comments: