11 May 2008

Tour de France, part Giverny










I have wanted to go bike riding in France since I started watching Lance Armstrong win the yellow jersey again and again (and again and again and again and again and again). I did not quite feel like Lance while pedaling through Giverny but rather saw the beautiful life that Monet lead and was inspired by. Although he did not live there his whole life, it seems that much of his best work was inspired by his life there. I have never really wanted to love Monet because it was too commercial but after seeing how perfectly he was able to capture the essence of Giverny and his own abode, I can no longer disregard them. I took photographs there but they do the place no justice. Only through Monet’s masterpieces can I truly return to the Garden of Eden that is Giverny.

No comments: