13 May 2008

Winding Walk



Today I went to a charming park that was in the middle of working Paris. I say working because I saw not one other tourist with their trusty guidebook in tow. It was almost odd to see the real Paris, the Paris where most days are spent for true Parisians, away from the foreigners trying to soak up their beautiful culture. There were children everywhere, laughing and playing with their caregivers. Through the winding walk, I strolled by a child learning to ride a bike, a French class taking their lessons outside, and a waterfall. Those that would frequent it during the early 20th century aptly called the park the most Surrealist Park in all of Paris. I sketched, stopping at every trashcan, and was exposed to beautiful flowers and a great variety of dogs. It was a great way to spend the afternoon.

No comments: