13 May 2008

Sight



I thought that I would need to keep my eyes open for this class but have realized that in order to do that I would first need to shut them.  I have noticed that a theme throughout this class has been to see things with your eyes closed.  Through the blindfold drawings, I learned to draw through words and that the outcome would be a result of two people's perceptions.  Another art form, eating would also need to be done without my sight.  Eating at Dans Le Noir was a dining experience unique in its darkness; everything is done in the black of night.  There, I learned that I really enjoy knowing what i am eating before doing so and that along with taste and smell, sight was a big part of my dining experience.  I am glad that I could learn all of these lessons through my temporary loss of vision.

No comments: